Thursday, April 17, 2008

Speaking of the debate....


ABC Philly Debate 4/16

I won't get into how biased and rediculous the questions were but here are some of my favorites:
"Senator Obama, Do you think Reverend Wright loves America as much as you do?"What?"Mr. Obama, Do you believe in the American flag? I am not questioning your patriotism, but all our servicemen, policemen and EMS wear the flag. I want to know why you don't."

Okay, seriously? This is an issue?

Obama's reply:This is the kind of manufactured issue that our politics has become obsessed with and, once again, distracts us from what should be my job when I'm commander in chief, which is going to be figuring out how we get our troops out of Iraq and how we actually make our economy better for the American people.

When asked about Clinton's Bosnia lie- sorry- mix up- Obama said Sometimes that message is going to be imperfectly delivered, because we are recorded every minute of every day. And I think Senator Clinton deserves, you know, the right to make some errors once in a while. I'm -- obviously, I make some as well. I think what's important is to make sure that we don't get so obsessed with gaffes that we lose sight of the fact that this is a defining moment in our history."

Now, that's class.

No comments: