Sunday, September 7, 2008

For my followers

Sorry that I am a little behind on the blog and some of the entries are just notes... we have such a packed schedule and I caught a nice little cold so when we get back to our hostel after a full day of traveling and interviews and intellectual stimulation I am so exhausted. I will fill in the blanks of the days but I just wanted to take a moment to share some over all thoughts. As much as I tried to stay neutral in this conflict, I'll admit that I was not. As I learned more about the conflict before this trip I found my self increasingly pro-Palestine. I was really against- not the Jewish people but the State of Israel and frankly the International community for really screwing all this up with the Balfour Declaration. I knew, though, that this conflict was extremely complication, far beyond my current understanding, which is why I was hesitant to make a bold stand on any one position.

It has been a week now of interviews with people of different positions and backgrounds and I have learned so much. though my position hasnt been switched to a pro-israel point of view, I very much see why the Israeli's felt the need to do what they did.

No comments: