Saturday, October 18, 2008

Beyond Stereotypes

Hello,

So by now you are all aware of my journey to Israel-Palestine. And many of you have asked me how it was. When asked this I don't know where to begin, so many amazing things happened there. And the question remains, after seeing all that I saw, experiencing all that I did, where do we go from here? Well, I just might finally have an answer to that question. Please join me and my fellow Muslim, Jewish, Druze, Christian and other students who embarked on this all important journey to recap where we have been and where we go from here.

BEYOND STEREOTYPES
Date:
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Time:
6:30pm - 8:30pm
Location:
UCI Student Center ~ Crystal Cove Auditorium
Street:
Pereira Dr & W Peltason Dr.
City/Town:
Irvine, CA
View Map

This event is free and open to anyone. So invite your friends (and foes). I know I have lots of events going on but if you attend just one, make this it. This is truly one event for the books and it would mean so much to me to have you there. Call me if you have any questions or issues getting there. The invitation is attached. Please feel free to pass this along, even if you aren't sure someone would come, you never know.. this is a conflict that touches us all.

Lots of Love,

Kate


"...Human conversation is the most ancient and easiest way to cultivate the conditions for change – personal change, community and organizational change, planetary change. If we can sit together and talk about what's important to us, we begin to come alive. We share what we see, what we feel, and we listen to what others see and feel.... I believe we can change the world if we start listening to one another again. Simple, honest, human conversation. Not meditation, negotiation, problem solving, debate, or public meetings. Simple, truthful conversation where we each have a chance to speak, we each feel heard, and we each listen well."
-Margaret Wheatley


No comments: